CNC Programmer – Machinist
The CNC Programmer – Machinist converts computer aided design (CAD) files and drawings into computer numerical control (CNC) code. He or she specifies work holding and machine tooling, generates work instructions, and works closely with Engineers and Machinists to ensure that jobs run smoothly. The CNC Programmer – Machinist produces machined parts by setting up and operating computer numerical control (CNC) and manual machines, keeps records of work performed, maintains equipment and supplies, and complies with quality and safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of the CNC Programmer include:
- Create CNC code using MasterCAM for SolidWorks.
- Generate engineering drawings and machining work instructions as needed.
- Troubleshoot CNC programs to address issues and make improvements as needed.
- Perform CNC machining operations as needed, strongly desired.
- Work closely with Engineers and Machinists to utilize and improve machining practices (i.e. work holding, tooling, tool paths, speeds and feeds, in-machine part clean-up).
- Deburr and clean machined parts as needed
- Verify through measurement that machined parts meet drawing specifications as needed.
- Meet production goals including cycle time, part quantity and quality.
The CNC Programmer – Machinist must have the following qualifications:
- A high school diploma and a minimum of 2 years vocational training in machining.
- Five or more years of CNC programming and machining experience (MasterCAM preferred).
- HAAS mill and lathe experience preferred.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings, work instructions, and material specifications. 3 or more years of SolidWorks experience preferred.
- Able to program first article parts and production parts.
- Familiarity with geometric dimensions and tolerances and QA measurements.
- Good at both verbal and written communication.
- Experience and willingness to perform machining as needed is strongly desired.
- Leadership experience preferred.
United States citizenship required.
Direct (520) 940-1188
VP of Operations
Direct (520) 257-3224